Monday, March 15, 2010

living on the brighter side of life.



while browsing around logging into my google mail account, among all the junk headlines that were cluttered on the main page, this one article really jumped out at me. an article about those who live happier lives, simply by practicing the act of thankfulness. about 2 years ago i read a book called the secret. it has since changed my way of thinking, my perspective, and as a result of that, my way of life. while reading it, i thought, hey this is how i live my life anyway. but as i read on (quickly) i realized there was more to it. the book brought me to a whole nother' level of awareness and state of being. it reminded me to constantly be grateful.to recognize beauty. the goodness in all things big and small, good and bad.everything. and i honestly believe i am a happy.lucky.blessed person because i am so endlessly grateful for everything in my life. sounds super cheesy but really, i do. there is this little challenge on the site,(that i thought was great) (especially) for those who dont consistently practice being grateful. ( and when i say consistently i mean literally here and there throughout the day. every.day.) I think it is an extremely good start for anyone and everyone. just give it a try. if at least, it will make you more aware. i will be doing it. and blogging it all the while. so here it is. 21 day gratitude challenge: "Challenge yourself to write down five new things every day ( for 21 days) that you're grateful for. It'll be easy in the beginning, but soon you'll discover you have to increase your awareness to keep up. People with a strong sense of gratitude and appreciation don't necessarily have more than others; they simply recognize more beauty in their lives. A 2003 study suggests that people who count their blessings are generally happier and healthier than people who don't. If you ever feel as if anything in your life isn't "enough", try practicing an attitude of thankfulness. You might realize how good you have it after all."

i couldnt possibly agree with this more.

"there is no way to happiness... happiness is the way."

-Thieh Nath Hanh

you betcha ill start right here right now. am grateful for:
1. my good.friend/old roomate jane. & the time we had in her short but lovely life.
2. for my job, and all the simple joys that come with it.
3. for my ever so comfortable bed. i cant wait to jump in it.
4. for my parents. and the relationship i have with each.
5. for clean. folded. put away. laundry.


random? always.
blogging from my heart. typing my minds thoughts.
thats just what came out first tonight.
will continuously keep up with this little project.
you shall too.
xo.kv

3 comments:

  1. Kris, your blog is amazing, and brought me so much joy. Kudos for such an amazing outlook and the incredible person you have become. I may not get a chance to tell you to often, but I am so proud of you and everything you do. Love you always Xo Birfa (aka your siswa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the best and that just made me all choked up and teary eyed. seriously. love you. and right back at you. come home. sisters arent supposed to live so far from each other. xo.

    ReplyDelete