Thursday, March 11, 2010


a glimpse into our (almost perfect) morning.
went to work. brought charlie + gucci with.
best dogs ever. cutest little pair. not to be biased or anything. but really.
charlie, our black lab. gucci, our (little rat) chihuahua.
leila was ecstatic to be welcomed with sloppy wet kisses .
gucci was psyched to have a new kitchen floor to sweep with her scratchy tongue.
so. finished up breakfast. havent let leila watch hardly any t.v this week.
figured we could use a little dose of wonder pets.
high pitched. squeaky. goofy voices. sure why not.
forgot to mention this is my favorite show for munchkins.
and it just so happens to be leilas fave as well ;)
i sit myself down on the left side of a (rather small) sofa.
charlie hops up right in the middle, lays his large broad head across my lap.
i smile. and grab hold of his velvet ears that i love so much.
then comes gucci. hops up. looks around, deciding where shed like to lay herself for sleep. she creeps across charlie, over me, then nuzzles into the curve of my arm. literally. youll see...
so your thinking. hmm. a small sofa. big girl. big dog. little dog.
full house? not quite yet.
leila walks over + sees that this small sofa is clearly the place to be.
she looks up at me and says " kiki can i sit?" smiling. pushing her hair out of her face.
i smile back and enthusiastically say "sure, come on up!"
as shes crawling up im thinking. man. this is so good. i just love it. my dogs. my little leila bug. all squished together. perfect. next thoughts went something like this. ughhh wish someone were here to take this picture!!!!! darn. looks like a mental picture is the best ill get today. but thatll last just as long so i am satisfied. it gets better. leila squeezes her little self in. charlie stretches his foot over leilas lap. she looks somewhat nervous at first, then smirks and grabs his tail. she looks over at me reaching her other hand out to mine. grabs it. try to visualize now. gucci nuzzled in on left. then me. charlie dead center. then leila. reaching over charlie. holding my hand she looks at me and says " kiki you my best friend evvver. whole wide worrrld"
talk about the icing on the cake. precious, it was.
small sofa. big girl. big dog. little dog. little girl. happy world.

everything was just right, other than the fact that about 20 minutes into our joyous snuggle session charlie let loose with gas that could just about kill a moose. not good.
but im still laughing as i blog about the awful and amusing situation. leila adds to the humor shortly after yelling,
" kiki eeeeeewwwwwwwwweeeeee!".
she probably thinks its me. i dont bother to explain that it wasnt.
i just laugh and say ewe with her.
i was able to reach to my phone and take a few snaps with that.
blurry but visable- heres what our morning (somewhat) looked like.


No comments:

Post a Comment